Friday 26 July 2013

Shiny Happy People

One sunny Wednesday afternoon, I went for a walk in Urumqi's people's park.


In the park is a big ferris wheel, from which one has a nice view over the city and the sourrounding mountains:




On my way to a small pagoda, I met a funny Uyghur family. 


The father was scroupulously recording every detail of the family excursion on his video camera, so after I met them walking down the stairs, we had to film again how I met them walking down the stairs.

Then I met these guys:


In the meantime, a bit further down the hill, people were dancing on a leafy square:






I have always been impressed by the many different things Chinese people do in their parks. If they don't dance, they play music and sing:




...keep themselves fit...



...play games...


...ping pong...


...or fish in the park's many ponds and then sell the fish to passers-by:


Shiny happy people.

No comments:

Post a Comment